This week “The Mikes” are joined by Nick Wynja of Hack/Make to talk about the role of design. At a time where most are nitpicking aspects of Apple’s latest design choices, it seemed like a good time to take a step back and look at the role that design plays in the applications we use as well as our work and lives. Schechter also gets into a semantic argument with Nick about the difference between “by design” and “the design” (you know, as he does).
What Mikes Are Drinking
- Nick Wynja - 90 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Brewery
- Michael Schechter - Hop Savant | Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project
- Mike Vardy - Said the Ale | Townsite Brewing
- Typist and Technologist | Nick Wynja
- Hack / Make
- Apple - iOS 7
- Clear For iPhone and Mac
- Vesper. Collect your thoughts.
- Design is a Job | Mike Monteiro
- Follow Nick on Twitter or App.net
- Follow Schechter on Twitter or App.net
- Follow Vardy on Twitter or App.net
This episode is brought to you by: Squarespace, the secret behind exceptional websites. Go to squarespace.com/70decibels to start your free trial and use the offer code '70decibels6' at checkout to get 10% off your first order.