“The Mikes” are joined by Gentry Underwood, CEO and co-founder of Orchestra, the company behind Mailbox. For the one geek who doesn’t know, Mailbox is a new email application that looks to rethink the way we approach our inbox. The response to Mailbox has been overwhelming. At the time of recording nearly 800,000 people were waiting to get access. Gentry talks about the inspiration behind the application, possible directions for the future and offers candid insights into the need for their unconventional rollout.
Note: This episode was recorded prior to some downtime for the new service on February 14th.
What Mikes Are Drinking
- Mike Vardy - Parallel 49 Vow Of Silence Belgian Strong Ale
- Michael Schechter - The Perfect Crime Hollow Point - 82 at RateBeer
- Gentry Underwood - Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23yr | Old Rip Van Winkle
- Mailbox - Put Email In Its Place
- Orchestra To-do
- Mailbox: The Band-Aid for Email | Productivityist.com
- App Cubby • Hand Crafted iPhone Apps - Launch Center
- Drafts - Agile Tortoise
- OmniFocus for Mac - The Omni Group
- To-Do Lists Made Breathtakingly Simple - Clear For iPhone and Mac
- Follow Schechter on Twitter or App.net
- Follow Vardy on Twitter or App.net
- Follow Gentry on Twitter.
This episode is brought to you by: Squarespace, the secret behind exceptional websites. Go to squarespace.com/70decibels to start your free trial and use the offer code '70decibels2' at checkout to get 10% off your first order.